The Vimy Foundation Centennial Park will be on 4 acres of land adjacent to the Canadian National Vimy Memorial site in Northern France. It will feature 100 Centennial Trees dedicated to Canadians. Each tree will be a descendant of a ‘Vimy Oak’ acorn which fell from a European Oak during the Battle of Vimy Ridge and was subsequently planted in Scarborough, ON.
Each Centennial Tree is available for purchase by the public for $10,000 and will feature the donor’s name on the Centennial Park plaque. Proceeds will support Vimy Centennial Park and education programs of the Vimy Foundation.
The design and setting of the Vimy Centennial Park will complement the surrounding area and be a reflective and emotional element of the site. Recognition will be on the Centennial Park plaque.
Commemorative Vimy Oaks are available for purchase to plant in Canada at $1,000 per tree. Proceeds will support the Vimy Centennial Park and education programs of the Vimy Foundation.
After the Vimy battle was won, many soldiers realized that they had been part of something truly great. Leslie Miller looked around for a souvenir on the Ridge, which was completely devoid of structures or vegetation due to shell fire but he did find a half buried oak tree. He gathered up a handful of acorns. Those acorns were subsequently planted by him on farmland which is now home to the Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church. He called his farm the ‘Vimy Oaks Farm’. Today, several of the original oaks survive. However, there are no original oaks on the Vimy Ridge site.
Vimy Centennial Park Sponsor
Proudly sponsored by Molson Coors
In memory of Captain Percival Molson, M.C.
“To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.”
John and Pattie Cleghorn and Family
In memory of:
Donald Wilfred Machum
4th Canadian Mounted Rifles
1895 – 1966
Donald Alexander Machum
1927 – 2007
Hamilton Academy of Medicine in support of Docs on Ice
In dedication to the brave men and women who fought for freedom at Vimy Ridge
On behalf of Husky Injection Molding Systems
The Province of New Brunswick
The Province of Nova Scotia
In memory of Col. C.P. Stacey and his wife Helen Allen Stacey
- Amelia & Lino Saputo Jr. Foundation
- Bain Family, in memory of Pvt William Arthur Wilcox, 15th Bn, lost at Festubert, France May 21, 1915
- The Boquist Family
- The Burton Family in memory of Graham Burton
- The Cadets of the Eastern Arctic. Thank you for your Gift of Freedom.
- Graham Campbell & Rachel St. John
- Joseph L. Campbell and Joan Miller-Campbell
- From the Capern Walimaki Family, in loving memory of our ancestors who sacrificed for us all.
- To honour ARLINGTON CLARKE and the many brave Canadians who fought at Vimy Ridge. The Clarke Family
- A.Coburn & D.Auringer families in memory of Thomas Wilson, 196th Battalion CEF
- Costigan family, in memory of Major John Francis Costigan, 50th Battalion infantry. April 4th 1917 Canada.
- The Croxon Family
- In Memory of General Sir Arthur Currie
- The Dalglish Family
- Donnelly Automotive Group, Ottawa
- Robert C. Douglas and Joanne R. Sutherland in Honour of James R. Sutherland Sr. 44th Bn(Manitoba)
- We remember Jack and Fred Evans, brothers from Parkland, Alberta, who died at the Somme in Nov. 1916
- Flinker Family
- Robert Francis
- The Fraser Family in memory of Frederick Thomas Lodge & John (Jack) Fraser
- In memory of the brave souls who fought for our freedoms. We owe you immeasurable Gratitude. The Galt Family.
- Matt and Erin Giffen & Family
- Karen Girling, Bruce MacLellan, Ally and Sara, in memory of those who served.
- The Glover Family honours Sergeant Winfred (Fred) Alexander Glover, 21st Battalion, Canadian Infantry
- Ian & Christie Gray Family, Port Credit Ontario
- Alan Greenberg, Darcia Rowntree and Families
- Ken and Dianne Griffith & Family
- Harold S. Hadley & Claudia J. Kennedy
- In memory of Capt Frank Edgar Hamblin, 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles
- Hamilton Academy of Medicine in support of Docs on Ice
- Ainslie Hogan and sons
- For Brave Valentine, with Love The Hyatt Family
- Industrial Alliance
- The MFL Jaques Family, In loving memory of Lieutenant Maurice Alexander Jaques, lost Sept 3, 1916
- The Kelleher Family in memory of Dr. W.R. Harwood
- The Kelsall Family In honour of Corporal Samuel Lester Kelsall 58th Battalion 9th MGC 3rd Division
- Nancy MacKellar
- We will not break faith, nous nous souviendrons. Fergus, Molly & Racheal McCaig
- The McCook, Leger, and Styner Family
- Mr. & Mrs. S. Mehta, Mississauga, ON, in memory of our beloved servicemen who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Requiescat in pace.
- The Mews Family in memory of Lieutenant Henry (Harry) George Reginald Mews
- Mike Stollery Automotive Partnerships in honour of Private G. R. Mowforth
- The Men and Women of Operation Guardian Force who care for and Remember our Veterans
- The Knights and Dames of the Order of St. George Canada. We Will Remember You.
- Randy & Carolyn Peek & Family
- Pembcorp Automotive Group
- In memory of soldiers of Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry who paid the supreme sacrifice 9-12 April 1917
- In memory of Andrew Powell
- Robert Quartermain
- The Ritz & Hunt families in memory of Pte Harry Franklin Ritz (78th Bn)
- Honour – Courage – Sacrifice / Royal Canadian Navy
- Royal Military Colleges of Canada, Class of 1973. Truth, Duty, Valolur / Vérité, Devoir, Vaillance
- The Shanahan Carriage Company in memory of Lieutenant-Colonel John H. Chipman, MC, VD
- Shannon Family in loving memory of of our grandfather Wilfrid J. Fagan
- TAO Asset Management
- Irene Topits
- The Vickers Family in memory of Gunner Arthur Vickers and Private Arthur Fordham
- Courage Remembered – In loving memory of G. Kingsley Ward and Adele E. Ward
- The Wood Family in memory of Flight Lieutenant John Harvie Wiley
- The Wyant Family in memory of Lieutenant-Colonel Gordon M. Wyant, OC, CD, QHP
To purchase a Centennial Tree and support the Vimy Foundation Centennial Park and educations programs, please contact Jeremy Diamond, Vimy Foundation Executive Director, at email@example.com or 416.595.1917 x 1.