The Vimy Pilgrimage Medal®
To salute Canadian youth for making the pilgrimage to the Vimy Memorial on April 9, 2007 for the 90th anniversary celebrations, the Vimy Foundation awarded each student a medal similar to that given in 1936 to the original pilgrims: First World War veterans attending the original inauguration.
The Vimy Pilgrimage Medal and Vimy Pin are now available through the Foundation's office in Montreal, through ZSA Legal Recruitment in Toronto, online and in France and Belgium. All proceeds from medal and pin sales fund Vimy Foundation activities.
ABOUT THE VIMY PILGRIMAGE MEDAL
THE MEDAL (Front)
The wreath of laurel located at the bottom of the coin symbolizes both the victory and honour gained by Canadian forces at Vimy Ridge.
THE MEDAL (Reverse)
POINTS OF SALE FOR THE VIMY PIN AND PILGRIMAGE MEDAL
The Vimy Pin and Pilgrimage Medal are available at the following locations:
- Vimy Foundation Donate Now
- Vimy Foundation offices, Sacred Heart School, Montreal, Canada
- ZSA Legal Recruitment, Toronto, Canada
- Historial de la Grande Guerre, Péronne, France
- Office de Tourisme et de Patrimoine de Lens-Lièvin, Lens, France
- Centre Européen de la Paix, Souchez, France
- Office de Tourisme, Douai, France
- La Coupole - History and Remembrance Centre, Saint-Omer, France
- Office de Tourisme, Arras, France
- Wellington Quarries, Arras, France
- Juno Beach Centre, Courseulles-sur-Mer, France
- The British Grenadier Bookshop, Ypres, Belgium