Permanent position, full time
The Vimy Foundation, a nationally recognized Montreal based not-for-profit organization, is currently looking for a Communications Coordinator.
The Communications Coordinator directs planning and implementation of strategic communications to enhance the Foundation’s reputation locally, regionally, and nationally.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Communication Coordinator plays a key role in working with and supporting the foundation and is an integral member of the team.
Salary: $39-42k commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package offered. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this position will start remotely with the possibility of a return to office in the coming months.
The Vimy Foundation is a registered charity founded in 2006. The Foundation works to preserve and promote Canada’s ongoing legacy of leadership as symbolised by the First World War victory at Vimy Ridge in April 1917, a milestone where Canada came of age and was recognised on the world stage. To learn more, visit www.vimyfoundation.ca
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Leads on the development of print and digital media strategies and integrated communications campaigns for Foundation constituencies, with the goal of promoting the mission of the Foundation to audiences and stakeholders, including community members, youth, media, and donors.
Works with the Executive Director and other staff members within the organization to create internal and external communications pieces in French and English and ensure that content is placed throughout appropriate print, online and social media communications channels.
Serves as the Foundation’s media liaison facilitating media opportunities for the Executive Director and select Board Directors.
Serves as lead of all items related to the Foundation website, all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and other regular digital and print communications.
Responsible for the implementation of current communications projects, including working with communications partners, reporting on initiatives, and planning virtual events.
– Prepare (and follow up on) pitches to local, regional and national media outlets
– Write and edit across different writing platforms including for social media, print and digital media
– Coordinate social media and leading communications efforts
– Develop and updating content for website and social media channels
– Develop special event plans and execute them on site or virtually
– Coordinate digital and print advertising
-Liaise with existing communications partners to develop co-branded initiatives
-Perform English and French translation as required
– Some knowledge of fundraising including grant writing and donor reporting
- Bilingualism in French and English required
- Minimum 2 years in communications, outreach/networking, or event planning environment
- Strong writing skills in both official languages
- Knowledge of Canadian media landscape
- Proven ability to organize and execute events
- University undergraduate degree
- Interest in Canadian history and culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level of MS Office
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Go to Webinar, Zoom and other virtual conferencing tools
- Ability to focus on achieving desired outcomes while managing competing priorities
- Proven ability to lead collaborative processes engaging diverse stakeholders, including board directors, in developing, supporting and implementing strategic directions
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively under pressure
- Experience with graphic design products (Adobe etc) and graphic design a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59PM EDT on Wednesday, August 26. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
This organization is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs. We support diversity in our work environment and ensure that applications from members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered under the employment equity policy. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.