We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. The role encompasses front line administration and donor management, as well as basic bookkeeping. Reporting to the Executive Director, Programs Manager and Communications Manager, this position will be a key member of the team working with and supporting management.
Salary: $33-36k commensurate with experience.
Location: Montreal, QC
– Donor relations: act as first point of contact; monitor, sort, and respond to donor inquiries via email and phone. Prepare and send tax receipts, invoices, and receipts.
– Process payments from merchandise sales and donations; sort, record, and file transactions using payment processing platform and bookkeeping software.
– Basic bookkeeping (payables and receivables): maintain books, records, financial reporting.
– General administration: first point of contact with donors and suppliers; fielding questions; tracking and organizing donor information; updating donor contact list; coordinating shipments.
– Prepare expense reports; draft emails and letters; update contact database; coordinate meetings; file documents; etc.
– Record, transcribe, and synthesize board meeting minutes.
– Support management and board directors with administrative needs.
– Assist with special projects as needed.
– Represent the foundation at special events and commemorative ceremonies as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS RELATED TO THE POSITION
– Post-secondary degree in a related area and previous administrative experience in a fast-paced environment preferred.
– Bilingual (French/English)
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Pleasant disposition, welcoming, hospitable, able to work in fast paced environment with diverse task list. Good communication skills.
– Discrete, polished demeanor, respectful, ability to interact with diverse personality types.
– Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, highly efficient.
– Ability to work independently and to follow direction.
– Excellent time management, able to meet deadlines.
– Attention to detail and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
– Knowledge of Sage50 an asset.
– Strong knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
– Stripe, Square, MailChimp, WordPress, Wufoo, Survey Monkey, etc. an asset.
If this offer interests you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant Candidate” and your name in the subject line. Deadline to apply is end of day, Sunday, May 12, 2019.
This organization is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs. We support diversity in our work environment and ensure that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered under the employment equity policy. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.